Monday, May 11, 2009

Utter Randomness

I spent the weekend at home. It was my last trip to my hometown before moving to Brazil. I'm down to 6 weeks, folks. I went for a walk when it wasn't raining and before eating at Wiederkehr's Restaurant and got a few pictures. Unfortunately, I didn't take my camera to the restaurant because it's very dark, but because of the formal setting, I didn't want to distract people with my gigantic flash.



A pond just off my parents' property and the adjoining road.



Time always moves on...



There weren't many nice flowers around Johnson Regional Medical Center, but there were a few small ones on the backside. Almost a private patio. I'm going to give some suggestions. That hospital needs to improve its landscaping. Ironic...to say the least - especially if you know much about my family.




Another set of flowers, with some photoshop color editing.



A recent effect I learned in photoshop...CS4.

There are better scenarios where this effect would work, but my father was in the hospital, and I was just trying to get some pictures while it wasn't raining.


An Finally - I also got to hit another item on my pre-Brazil bucket list.
Sunrise Cafe Chicken & Waffles...

don't be fooled..it's exactly what they say it is. Chicken & Waffles. The chicken was good. The waffle was good, but I'm not convinced that they go well together, but granted, it wasn't bad.



Not much to show this week, but I've got some major events coming up.

Possibly two photo shoots this weekend.

At the end of May, I'm taking a business trip to Joliet, IL (30 miles outside of Chicago). With some of my free-time, I thought I'd take my camera to some bucket list items.

Cubs game at Wrigley Field (LA Dodgers weekend)
Various other sites


So, hopefully with these events, the next few weeks will be more interesting. Weather this past few weeks has been horrid on a weekend photographer such as myself.

Just 6 more weeks til Brazil - when the real photography begins...

until next time...

No comments:

Post a Comment