Wednesday, February 11, 2009

My bucket list...

A few months ago when my wife and I decided to move to Brazil, I began to realize that there was a lot that I haven't done in the U.S. So, while we are living in Brazil, it will be much more difficult to accomplish those things (all things to be done either locally or in the U.S.).

So I've made a 'fluid' list of things that I would like to accomplish or experience before I go to Brazil. Kind of last ditch effort to have a life, when this entire time in NWA - I've had none.

1. eat at Herman's Restaurant. Apparently the best steakhouse in the region and I've never set foot inside the door.
2. Chicken & Waffles at the Sunrise Cafe. No that's not a typo. Apparently there is this cafe just around the corner from my job that serves "Chicken & Waffles" for breakfast. I cannot pass that up.
3. Trip to Wrigley field. I'm not really a baseball fan - but many of my friends are. Since Wrigley Field is one of the oldest stadiums (and last remaining) that Babe Ruth actually played in - they thought this would be a cool trip. Plus I've never been outside of the Chicago Airport.
4. Trip to Atlanta. Of all places, I chose Atlanta because one of my best friends lives out there - and it will probably be the only chance to see him before I move to Brazil.
5. Attend a NWA Naturals minor league baseball game and 10 Razorback baseball games.
6. Attend a professional sporting event OUTSIDE of Arkansas.
7. Potachos at Denny's. Anyone ever heard of this? Apparently its just like Nachos - except with Potato Chips. Always a first time for everything - and probably the only time.
8. Oaklawn Horse Racing - okay. I've done this before. I've even done the Razorback baseball games. I am an alum after all. But this is the type of thing that I'm not sure how often I'll get to do in Brazil - if at all. This is also a great opportunity for photography.
9. Photography at Devil's Den in the spring time.
10. Try most (if not all) of the mom-n-pop food joints that I can find.
11...upgrade to a Nikon d80 or d90. Shouldn't be hard, but after a list like this, who's got the time or the money?

So that's my list of things to do. Now that my wife has left, I should have ample free time to participate in many of these.

I'll keep you posted on my progress....and of course, with photos.

No comments:

Post a Comment