Monday, February 16, 2009

My hiking trip...

The day before my wife and daughter left for Brazil, I went on a hiking/photography trip. My parents had taken my daughter to the park. My wife and her mother went to the mall - and I was left without the car.

Booyah!

Nice weather so I went for a hike to my side of Mt. Sequoyah and took some pictures. The experience was tiresome - as the road and any beaten path that was in existence was covered by fallen trees from the recent ice storm. I had never wandered very far from the pavilion that you see in the pictures. So, I was unsure if I'd encounter anything dangerous - like a bear.

Booyah!

I got a workout and since fallen trees were all over the woods - photography was even more difficult than the mountain climb.
I also found out that getting down from the top of a mountain (or semi-mountain) is as tiresome and more dangerous than going up it.



Fortunately there were no bears. And I supposed its too cold for snakes to be out. But I did see birds - however, these birds were not cooperative at all. They truly were afraid of me - unlike the 'domesticated' birds that hang out over there by my apartment (about 400 meters away).

Plus - I can't really say that I climbed to the top of a mountain when I still have cell phone reception when I get there. I'm still inside the city limits - so anytime, I need to quit being a d-bag and just man up to the fact that I climbed a big hill.


On my way back to the apartment - I made sure I paid the little geese at one of the lakes a visit. Just had to make sure I didn't step in goose crap. I don't think they liked the fact I was there. I didn't care. Finally got to get up close to animals during the winter time with this Nikon and get some decent shots. The cloudy day really kept me from getting anything decent and the dead grass really kills the colors.





As it warms up, I plan on heading out to Devil's Den and catching some waterfall shots.

Some Night Photography is still on the way, but it's been way too cold to go out and I've not been as motivated to go out since I've been trying to move.

But anyway, until next time...

No comments:

Post a Comment