Sunday, July 5, 2009

Brazilian BBQ day - on July 4

Any brazilians who read this blog might find some of the pictures boring.

But exotic birds and animals crawling in your backyard is awesome blog material!

I woke up late on Saturday - about 11:30 local...about 9:30 back at home. I remind myself of Arkansas time so as not to feel so lazy. This is what I woke up to.





Plenty of visitors came by. Not human visitors, but animals. Like this chameleon. About 2 and half feet long. It moves VERY slowly.







The dog watched his every step hoping that its tail would hang over just a bit so he could jump up and grab it.

And this bird...I don't know how exotic it is..or its name.









I borrowed the below image, but I learned of and fought off one of these little insects. They call this "Poto". You have to be very careful with this little guy. If you try to swat him, and he releases his 'venom'...you'll get burned. He secretes an acid that burns your skin and it allegedly hurts pretty bad.




I was at a fair tonight with rides, etc and was on one of the rides with my daughter. One of these landed on my arm - and they're not very serious..i just flicked him away...but since I've never heard of this guy before or have ever seen him before, I thought he'd be interesting.

No comments:

Post a Comment