Sunday, July 26, 2009

Sunday lunch in the favela..

We traveled to the Villa (a local favela or slum).



I liked this guy's hat..and the fact that he was the most south American person I've seen since I've been here. He kind of fits the mold of what Americans think of when they think of South Americans (or at least to me). But he cooked our meats on the rotisserie grill.



We were inside the property walls of one of the people who work for my wife's family. The inside and the outside of the house itself looks exactly like the brick wall here. Naked bricks with no stucco or plaster.



Just like in expensive Brazilian steakhouses served directly to your table and carved for you. There was actually more food that was around to eat, but it was basically rice, beans and some salads. Did you want to see THOSE pictures?











The boy next door was curious what was going on.




When we got back, I noticed that the mango tree was starting to bloom.

No comments:

Post a Comment