Thursday, July 30, 2009

A change in my photographic approach...

This week I began to ponder more what I could do to continue improving in this craft.

Being in Brazil, its not generally considered safe to take your camera out at night and during the day, I am without transportation - so I am forced to be more resourceful.

This week I began thinking more of my need to 'setup' the shot. Up until now, for the most part, my photography has been fluid, raw and unplanned. I wanted to capture images in their natural environment and find beautiful or intriguing images as they are and not as I have made them to be.

Now I am going to start planning out my shots a lot more and pushing myself to be more creative as in creating the scene.

So, this entry is a little bit of that. I worked with one rusty chain on different surfaces in the house. Nothing significant, but again - more planning than I have been doing in recent months.





















I also did break away from the set up and take other pictures.






I did set this up, but it didn't come out how I wanted it to. I guess sometimes you try something and it doesn't quite work.



1 comment:

  1. Is the reason behind not taking your camera out simply a theft thing? Or is there some danger of being seen as a tourist?

    ReplyDelete