Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Feeling Saudades (homesick)


Feeling Saudades (homesick), originally uploaded by J.Lee.Photo.

Day 59 of 365.

So I've been away from the U.S. for exactly 14 months. Being an Expat is often very difficult, depressing and emotional. In a city where very few Americans live (maybe 3 to 5), it's very easy to feel alone. You wonder what's going on in your country. You think about your friends.

For me, living abroad for a year has given me more patriotism and love for my country. Your entire perspective of the world changes - or at least mine did.

And the tattoo on my arm, a reminder of the city I love (Fayetteville, Arkansas).

*mom, don't worry, the tattoo is photoshopped in. :)

Para meu amigos brasileiros que não falam inglês, desculpa que não posso dar um tradução pra isso.

No comments:

Post a Comment