Tuesday, August 3, 2010

A Kiss to Remember


A Kiss to Remember, originally uploaded by J.Lee.Photo.

Day 39 of 365.

This is a concept somewhat borrowed from a previous concept, but I felt this was executed slightly better, I took more time with this one while the other was taken at a bar, with very little preparation.

While planning this shot, I spent all afternoon experimenting. Many of those experiments were just as good as this one, but I decided on this one for a few reasons. A) The girlfriend liked it and B) its an actual image of people...rather than random objects of experimentation.

I'm really happy with how it came out. In the post-processing I experimented with a black/white background and a color photo on the iPhone screen, but felt it was very amateur in the sense that there are so many people who know how to pull all but one color out of a picture. For this reason, I felt it was amateur. I've also wanted to incorporate a bit of black/white emotion to the image on the screen that makes it more memory-like, which is essentially what pictures are all about, right? So, I felt that this picture kind of conveys the process of making memories.

No comments:

Post a Comment